Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

makewhatis -w gives "rpmdbNextIterator: V3 DSA signature: BAD "

Hi all,

I'm looking for help for a cron issue with makewhatis I'm seeing on a RHEL 5.4 install.

When /etc/cron.weekly/makewhatis.cron (which executes 'makewhatis -w') is run, the following errors appear:

Code:
    error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#      88 Header V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 37017186
    error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#      96 Header V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 37017186
    error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#     104 Header V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 37017186
    ... etc
    Having had a look around the web, the only suggestion I could find for this issue was 'rpm --rebuilddb' and 'yum clean all', both of which I carried out without success (they both ran through happily, rebuilding the db files and cleaning up yum, but when I ran 'makewhatis -w' again I got the same error). The suggestion seems to apply more to when this error appears when RPM-specific commands are run though, which doesn't seem to be the case with my install.

Does anyone have any experience with this error and how to resolve it where a rebuild of the RPM DB doesn't resolve?

Cheers!

SuaSwe

Can anyone assist with this? Suggestions on Google etc all mention rpm rebuilds and stuff but makewhatis doesn't appear to be an rpm package at all, plus I have already tried an rpm db rebuild and 'yum clean all'.