Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, Do you know the link so I can download Serial port source code for Red Hat Enterprise version 6.2. Please help. Thanks, Amy...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Serial port source code for Red Hat 6.2

Hello All,

Do you know the link so I can download Serial port source code for Red Hat Enterprise version 6.2.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    Amy

Trusted Penguin
    Do you mean the serial driver? It would be in the source of the kernel. You can get the kernel SRPMS (source RPMS) here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/en...r/en/os/SRPMS/

It looks like the latest kernel version is 2.6.32-220.7.1

Try looking in drivers/tty/serial/ once you've downloaded the kernel sources.

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much for the info. Actually I have a card model DUART XR16L2551 is connected to PCI9656 but I can see the RH Linux 6.2 detects the PLX 9656 but not the DUART XR16L2551. Linux does not detect the DUART (Exar XR16L2551) located on local bus under the PCI 9656.

Can I change this source code to register PLX PCI9656 as UART so it will see the DUART XR16L2551 chip? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Amy

Trusted Penguin
    Have you tried the drivers at the Exar website?

XR16L2551 -Industry Smallest Package UART with 2.25V to 5.5V Operation, Intel/Motorola Data Bus Interfaces Select and Exclusive PowerSave Feature

Follow the above link, and there is a link on the right hand side to driver version 2.6.13. Inside that driver tarball is a readme, a Makefile, and the driver C file.

Just Joined!
    Thanks. I already tried it but it didn't work on Red Hat Enterprise 6.2 which has kernel verison 2.6.32.

Trusted Penguin
    ah, so that is a binary driver for kernel version 2.6.13...lame. well, you could compile yourself a 2.6.13 kernel, using the .config file from your RedHat kernel, if you are desperate...
    Last edited by atreyu; 05-27-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: meant to say kernel, not driver