Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Nice day ! I suddenly got a problem with my RedHat E.L. 5 64 bit. The jboss and Oracle not responding the clients. When go through the log file messages, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad, India
    Posts
    24

    RedHat server hangs and stop responding


    Nice day !

    I suddenly got a problem with my RedHat E.L. 5 64 bit. The jboss and Oracle not responding the clients.

    When go through the log file messages, it consists

    Jun 6 11:19:00 rognt_ss gconfd (root-21860): starting (version 2.14.0), pid 21860 user 'root'
    Jun 6 11:19:00 rognt_ss gconfd (root-21860): Resolved address "xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory" to a read-only configuration source at position 0
    Jun 6 11:19:00 rognt_ss gconfd (root-21860): Resolved address "xml:readwrite:/root/.gconf" to a writable configuration source at position 1
    Jun 6 11:19:00 rognt_ss gconfd (root-21860): Resolved address "xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" to a read-only configuration source at position 2
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss pcscd: winscard.c:304:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate 0 0 Not Found
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss last message repeated 4 times
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss gconfd (root-21860): Resolved address "xml:readwrite:/root/.gconf" to a writable configuration source at position 0
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: Loaded plugin ifcfg-rh: (c) 2007 - 2008 Red Hat, Inc. To report bugs please use the NetworkManager mailing list.
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: parsing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo ...
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: error: Ignoring loopback device config.
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: parsing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ...
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: read connection 'System eth0'
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: parsing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 ...
    Jun 6 11:19:01 rognt_ss nm-system-settings: ifcfg-rh: read connection 'System eth1'


    I found the that the network services was reset(?). My current kernel version is 2.6.18-128.el5.

    Pls. let me know the problem and the solutions.....

    Waiting for the help !

  2. #2
    Linux Guru Rubberman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Posts
    11,664
    This isn't sufficient information to help (for me at least). What is the client error you are getting when trying to access the system and/or Oracle on the system? Can you log into the system? What about the JBoss and Oracle error logs? What log file is your data from? /var/log/messages, dmesg, or what?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

  3. #3
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad, India
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    This isn't sufficient information to help (for me at least). What is the client error you are getting when trying to access the system and/or Oracle on the system? Can you log into the system? What about the JBoss and Oracle error logs? What log file is your data from? /var/log/messages, dmesg, or what?
    No error from the client, but the web application waits for a long time but no data will be displayed or updated. I am able to log into the system(on the server). I pasted the /var/log/messages data. While I queried with ps -ef | grep oracle it shows 25 users sessions currently running.

    I restarted the services like network, jboss and oracle but no one resolved the problem. Finally when I reboot the server then only it resolves. But the problem persists often....

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by chiranjeevis View Post
    No error from the client, but the web application waits for a long time but no data will be displayed or updated. I am able to log into the system(on the server). I pasted the /var/log/messages data. While I queried with ps -ef | grep oracle it shows 25 users sessions currently running.

    I restarted the services like network, jboss and oracle but no one resolved the problem. Finally when I reboot the server then only it resolves. But the problem persists often....
    Next time this occurs, do a ps -ef |grep <your jboss service> |grep -v grep
    there should be only two lines displayed, the jboss startup command and the jboss service.
    The reason I'm bringing this up is that I've seen your issue before (or something similar) when for some reason multiple jboss services are running. In this case, the 'fix' is to stop all jboss services (kill, if needed), and restart the jboss service.

  6. #5
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad, India
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by tueglee View Post
    Next time this occurs, do a ps -ef |grep <your jboss service> |grep -v grep
    there should be only two lines displayed, the jboss startup command and the jboss service.
    The reason I'm bringing this up is that I've seen your issue before (or something similar) when for some reason multiple jboss services are running. In this case, the 'fix' is to stop all jboss services (kill, if needed), and restart the jboss service.

    I also grep the jboss with the ps -ef | grep jboss but it shows only two process. One is the command id which is executed to start the jboss service and another is the jboss service.

    I even killd the both processes and restarted the jboss but it doesn't work until I rebooted the server.

    Is there any bugs with the kernel ?

    Thanks for the members who spent the time for my thread ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •