Find the answer to your Linux question:
Red Hat 8 Installed with no trouble, problem comes when I put in password that I created during install, by the way I installed the workstation version. I enter the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello from the newbie

Red Hat 8 Installed with no trouble, problem comes when I put in password that I created during install, by the way I installed the workstation version. I enter the same password, computer say wrong! the first time was the root password. Second was the user, still no good.
    Can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong?

If at GDM, (the user sign in thingie) you type root, then enter your root password when it asks and press enter, and it says "login incorrect." You are not entering the correct root password. If you don't remember it, it probably will be easier to just do a re-install. Only this time, be sure to pay close attention when it asks for a root password. There will be a section right below that where you can fill in your regular username and password. Make sure you have this section right before continuing to the next step.

If, on the other hand, you are able to login as root, open a terminal and type:

redhat-config-users [enter]

This utility will allow you to creat your regular user name and password.

Good Luck!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    thank you much dan, I"m in and goodby windows