Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I use two dedicate server to host my website, the apache servcies running on one server and mysqld running on another. Now the the server running mysqld is slowly, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

The CPU load of my Database server is high

Hello,

I use two dedicate server to host my website, the apache servcies running on one server and mysqld running on another.
    Now the the server running mysqld is slowly, i found the cpu load reached to 11, normally it should around 6. It also lead to i can't open my website, so i restart mysqld, using the command service mysqld restart. then the server and the website are back to normal.

Now can somebody tell me what shall i do to get the reason leading to the website can't open?
    what steps should i do?

Levi

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jistso View Post
    Hello,

I use two dedicate server to host my website, the apache servcies running on one server and mysqld running on another.
    Now the the server running mysqld is slowly, i found the cpu load reached to 11, normally it should around 6. It also lead to i can't open my website, so i restart mysqld, using the command service mysqld restart. then the server and the website are back to normal.

Now can somebody tell me what shall i do to get the reason leading to the website can't open?
    what steps should i do?

Levi
    Have u test your queries?
    Do they have the right indexes?
    How are your I/0 in both servers?
    How u open mysql log queries?
    Does apache log say something?

U have much work to do!!!