Find the answer to your Linux question:
Messrs. I have installed a ldap server in a red hat 5.8 64bit I am having difficulty finding a documentation where I explain how I block access of some users ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Question about LDAP Groups and Access

Messrs.

I have installed a ldap server in a red hat 5.8 64bit I am having difficulty finding a documentation where I explain how I block access of some users on some servers for example:
    I have the dba team so they must access the database servers,
    OBIEE administrators should only access the servers OBIEE and so forth. how do I do this by blocking ldap ?

I have a doubt about permissions sudores anyone have any documentation where I can get a configuration so that the User can perform certain administrative commands by LDAP.

I appreciate the help!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pauloedusp View Post
    Messrs.

I have installed a ldap server in a red hat 5.8 64bit I am having difficulty finding a documentation where I explain how I block access of some users on some servers for example:
    I have the dba team so they must access the database servers,
    OBIEE administrators should only access the servers OBIEE and so forth. how do I do this by blocking ldap ?

I have a doubt about permissions sudores anyone have any documentation where I can get a configuration so that the User can perform certain administrative commands by LDAP.

I appreciate the help!
    Which LDAP server have you installed?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by manyrootsofallevil View Post
    Which LDAP server have you installed?
    the version is 2.3.43 of openldap server

Just Joined!
    Other problem i have the client server it does not update by ldap server for example

if i modify one user group is the Other client do not update the modification and i do not know why

I have one more problem when I perform an update on the User Group as a change for example the server client does not receive this update takes too long to upgrade it I have no idea how to solve this
    it already happened to someone from the forum?

thanks !!!!!