Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
it looks like your fdisk command output was so long it scrollled off the screen. i should have said, try this: Code: fdisk -l /dev/hd[abcd] according to your /etc/fstab file, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

it looks like your fdisk command output was so long it scrollled off the screen. i should have said, try this:
    Code:
    fdisk -l /dev/hd[abcd]
    according to your /etc/fstab file, you are using LVM for your root filesystem, not RAID, does that sound right? so you're only trying to RAID /boot (and swap) at this point?

have you tried mounting one of the /boot partitions, to see if the files are there? you can mount them individually, e.g.:

Code:
    mkdir /mnt/hda1;mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 -o ro /dev/hda1
    you'll have to change ext3 to whatever filesystem you used.

Honestly, I am thinking it might be best to start over w/a clean install...that root LVM partition is confusing (to me).
    Last edited by atreyu; 08-03-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: change wrong dev name

Just Joined!
    hda & hdb
    Image756.jpg
    hdc & hdd
    Image757.jpg
    Yes, the root filesystem is on LVM but the LVM in on raid1. I created raid1 from the first two hard disks and another raid1 from the other two and from those two raid volumes i created one logical volume (/boot and swap are separate, created from separate raid volumes on the first two hard disks)

Trusted Penguin
    hda1 and hdb1 are marked as bootable, that is good. did you try to mount them and confirm that your grub/kernel files are all there and intact?

everything else looks all right to me, i can't see what else the problem could be. i would try re-running the grub installation portion covered in the link I posted previously.

Just Joined!
    the output from that command is that /dev/hda1 is already mounted or busy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2