Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Friends, I am having centos server with public ip. I am using two ethernet cards one for External another one for internal, I installed Ldap and created domain concept, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Access windows7 client machine in internet

Hi Friends,
    I am having centos server with public ip. I am using two ethernet cards one for External another one for internal, I installed Ldap and created domain concept, I am having windows7 clinet machine connected with centos sever. In windows7 machine i installed sharepoint foundation having ipaddress and port number 192.168.1.24:53453

I need to access the particular windows system in internet with the port number so that can be access the sharepoint. Is that possible to access the system in internet, I am already having apache in sevrer machine.

So please anyone help me.

Linux Newbie
    Hi. Opening a port to directly access your windows server is a major breach in security (especially with a windows server). The best solution is to create a VPN between your remote client and your centos server. When done correctly you will be able to access your LAN with a reasonable level of security, and not leaving your windows server opened to the worldwide.