Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 Out of curiosity what Filesystem are you guys using? I typically use ext4. It's a tried and true system, and I've never had any issues at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    Out of curiosity what Filesystem are you guys using?
    I typically use ext4. It's a tried and true system, and I've never had any issues at all with it.

After logging out of the Forums last night, I went through my logs, looking for any error or indication of what happened.
    I saw no errors, no messages... nothing. If I showed a developer those logs, they would tell me that I imagined the whole thing!

I'm starting to think that maybe the stars were aligned improperly!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Ext4 here also unless it's a USB stick then it's ext2. I have to admit that Btrfs looks interesting or at least it will when it is a bit more mature....
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    Yeah i have noticed that Fedora has gone downhill, since the earlier versions. I like Fedora 14. But 16 onwards have just been a nightmare for me to get working. The installer constantly crashes, unless you go through the livecd/dvd and even then, after reboot Fedora doesn't load properly.
    Ironically all these problems have arisen since GNOMES hell came out (When will they scrap GNOME3 and move to 4, Even numbers seem to have a better design quality than odd :P ). I am wondering if the developers at Fedora have lost enthusiasm or its just that the general state of the recent linux software is just really unstable and buggy.
    I find pure Debian suits me fine. Always find that i install a new Linux Distro but always end up preferring to use Debian.
    Fedora is going thru some serious changes and growing pains right now, it's true. I wish they were a better ambassador for Linux w/17, but the fact is, people are having issues. It's funny, though, I try Ubuntu and Debian, and I always come running to Fedora/RH/CentOS. Go figure.

Out of curiosity what Filesystem are you guys using?
    these days, i'm just taking the default during install:
    F17 -> ext4

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Being used to Debian, the thing I find most disconcerting about Fedora is the sheer number of updates.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    ...the thing I find most disconcerting about Fedora is the sheer number of updates.
    I'm starting to get the same feeling. I've gotten fairly used to the number of updates that I get on Slackware.
    I had forgotten how many updates came through on Fedora.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2