Find the answer to your Linux question:
When trying to install vpnclient-linux-x86_64-4.8.00.0490-k9 on my RHEL6 box I get this error: Making module make -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64/build SUBDIRS=/home/amurillo/Downloads/vpnclient modules make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64' scripts/Makefile.build:49: *** CFLAGS was changed in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

unable to install Cisco VPN Client

When trying to install vpnclient-linux-x86_64-4.8.00.0490-k9 on my RHEL6 box I get this error:

Making module
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64/build SUBDIRS=/home/amurillo/Downloads/vpnclient modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64'
    scripts/Makefile.build:49: *** CFLAGS was changed in "/home/amurillo/Downloads/vpnclient/Makefile". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS. Stop.
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/amurillo/Downloads/vpnclient] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec.ko".

So, what changes should I make to /home/amurillo/Downloads/vpnclient/Makefile in order to fix this error?

see attached Makefile
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Penguin
    Is there a reason why you can't use the vpnc client?

Description : A VPN client compatible with Cisco's EasyVPN equipment.

It is available in the Fedora EPEL repo, which you can use with RHEL, CentOS, etc.

Just Joined!
    yes I already have vpnc installed, here is the issue I am having with it:

the client connects fine, when I ping a url inside the vpn it responds fine, but when I try to open the same url using a browser it just hangs, also tried a chat application, and it never connected either. So in a nutshell, ICMP works, HTTP does not work, in other words, the Application layer of the TCP/IP stack is NOT working, all other layers below it are working fine.

I thought the firewall was the problem, so disabled it (service iptables stop) but the issue continues

The boss is really pushing me to fix this

Gurus... help !!