Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by diegosales Hi, I fixed it. Thanks. But another one appeared: Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile ://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

Quote Originally Posted by diegosales View Post
    Hi,
    I fixed it. Thanks. But another one appeared:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    ://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again
    hmm...what do you mean you fixed it then?

can you ping those domain names?

can you show your repo containing the problems?

Just Joined!
    Hi, I've made some changes ih the Citrix.repo file :[citrix]
    name=XenServer 5.6.100 updates
    #mirrorlist=://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.100/domain0/mirrorlist
    baseurl=://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.100/domain0/
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/RPM-GPG-KEY-5.6.100
    enabled=1

I have just uncommented the line baseurl and changed enabled line to 1 and it worked.

Now this messages appears when I want to to install openssl-devel:
    ://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again

Trusted Penguin
    Hi, I've made some changes ih the Citrix.repo file :[citrix]
    name=XenServer 5.6.100 updates
    #mirrorlist=://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.100/domain0/mirrorlist
    baseurl=://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.100/domain0/
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/RPM-GPG-KEY-5.6.100
    enabled=1

I have just uncommented the line baseurl and changed enabled line to 1 and it worked.

Now this messages appears when I want to to install openssl-devel:
    Trying other mirror.
    It seems odd that the "http" (or "https" or "ftp") is missing from the baseurl line. maybe try putting that back in there, e.g.:
    Code:
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
    you'd change this in the corresponding repo file in the /etc/yum.repos.d/ dir. Your line might look a little different than what i typed. just put the "http:" in the front, right after baseurl= and save it.

Just Joined!
    Hi, there is http. It is already there in baseurl. I did not put here, because the forum wasn't accepting

Trusted Penguin
    Hi, there is http. It is already there in baseurl. I did not put here, because the forum wasn't accepting
    oh, yeah, forgot about that. you should be able to now, isn't the limit 15 posts? anyway, you can use "hxxp" instead, too.

So, i'd have to guess that, provided that you can ping those domain names, it is the proxy statement in your yum.conf that is tripping you up. can you test by commenting out that line, then rerunning a yum command?
    Last edited by atreyu; 10-11-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: deleted extra ping

Just Joined!
    It is ok now. Thank you very much. But I am trying to install in another Xenserver, but there is another issue. I cannot shutdown the zabbix server.

I want to change group of a script that monitors some parameters. Like this: chown zabbix:zabbix zabbixXen.sh
    But it does not change. The way it is now: -rwxr----- 1 nti-admin zabbix 830 Oct 16 09:54 zabbixXen.sh I want it to be zabbix zabbix 830 Oct 16 09:54 zabbixXen.sh

Just Joined!
    There is another thing: The agentd does not start and does not stop. Here are the messages:

Starting ZABBIX agent: zabbix_agentd: daemon.c:158: daemon_start: Assertion `0' failed
    Shutting down ZABBIX agent: [FAILED]

Trusted Penguin
    I want to change group of a script that monitors some parameters. Like this: chown zabbix:zabbix zabbixXen.sh
    But it does not change. The way it is now: -rwxr----- 1 nti-admin zabbix 830 Oct 16 09:54 zabbixXen.sh I want it to be zabbix zabbix 830 Oct 16 09:54 zabbixXen.sh
    First off, does the group zabbix exist?

Code:
    grep ^zabbix: /etc/groups
    If it is, then I assume you are not running the chown command as either nti-admin or root, yes? If so, then you do not have permissions to change group ownership. Change to one of those two accounts (using su, etc.), then try your command.

Btw, according to what you posted, that script already is group-owned by group zabbix, but maybe that's not what you meant.

To be sure, post the output of the chown command, so that we may see exactly what is going on.

Trusted Penguin
    There is another thing: The agentd does not start and does not stop. Here are the messages:

Starting ZABBIX agent: zabbix_agentd: daemon.c:158: daemon_start: Assertion `0' failed
    Shutting down ZABBIX agent: [FAILED]
    How are you attempting to start agentd? Show the command and also state if you are running it as root.

Is there anything in /var/log/messages or /var/log/zabbix?

Just Joined!
    I am running as root already. I try to start like this: /etc/init.d/zabbix-agentd start . There is no /var/log/zabbix messages. In /var/log/messages, there is nothing related to zabbix. What should I do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast