Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello I have installed Centos 5.8 with samba and Hylafax so far all is working as it should. i also installed Sambafax, so i am able to print a fax ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Centos 5.8 Cups, Hylafax & Sambafax

hello

I have installed Centos 5.8 with samba and Hylafax so far all is working as it should. i also installed Sambafax, so i am able to print a fax to a postscript printer in windows.

The problem is it works on 1 pc but on other pc's cups receives the print job however hylafax is not getting the fax job.

Cups is reporting the job has been completed.

on the pc tha is working correctly there is W7 X64 whit the PS driver of dell. The other pc's are a mix of W7 32 and 64 bit where i also installed the Dell driver i downloaded of the net.

can someone help me?

I'm not familiar with Hylafax, but I've had some experience of CUPS. You're setting up your fax service as a print server, I believe (correct me if this is rubbish). When you add it to your CUPS config, the server running the printer service can see the fax printer but the others can't? Is that true?

If so, there are some things you could check:

- Connect via a web browser to your CUPS interface on the server and make sure your fax printer is published - i.e. the printer is available to other computers.
    - Ensure that the computers logging on to the cups server have either Samba permissions to connect. The user needs to be logged onto the computer - if you're not using Windwos domain logon, make sure you browse to the computer and server and connect with a username/password combo before you start trying to print. If it's a Linux computer, it's usually enough to log-in using a network account or an account with the same UID/GID on both machines.
    - If you've added the services to your CUPS service, ensure that you've restarted the service since updating the config. The web interface should take care of all this for you, but if you've done it on the command line, you might have to do it manually.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    No all users can see connect and print to the sambafax printer that is the strage thing about it.

this is what i used:

1 commands to add users
    faxadduser -p 1234 -a 4321 ErwinMaas
    useradd -G hylafax ErwinMaas
    echo -n '######' | passwd ErwinMaas --stdin (scripted to add multiple users)
    smbpasswd -a ErwinMaas
    sudo usermod -G hylafax ErwinMaas (users did not show up in correct group)

2 SMB.CONF

[global]

unix charset = UTF-8
    dos charset = CP932
    printcap name = cups
    printing = cups
    use client driver = Yes
    print command = lp -d%p -oraw %s; rm %s
    lpq command = lpstat -o%p
    lprm command = cancel %p-%j
    queuepause command = disable %p
    queueresume command = enable %p
    printer admin = root

workgroup = our workgroup name
    server string = Hylafax on Samba Server Version %v

netbios name = hylafax

; interfaces = lo eth0 192.168.12.2/24 192.168.13.2/24
    hosts allow = 127. 10.32.1.

# logs split per machine
    ; log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    # max 50KB per log file, then rotate
    ; max log size = 50

security = user
    client lanman auth = Yes
    lanman auth = Yes
    passdb backend = tdbsam

load printers = yes
    ; cups options = raw

[HYLAFAX]
    path = /home/hylafax
    writable = yes
    guest ok = no
    guest only = no
    create mode = 0777
    directory mode = 0777
    # share modes = yes

[printers]
    path = /tmp
    printable = Yes
    browseable = No
    show add printer wizard = yes

Knipsel.jpgKnipsel1.jpg

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Can the users who cannot get the fax printer to work browse the server ok? If you add a regular directory share to your Samba configuration, can they get access to the database?

It sounds like a permissions issue, likely to be down to the way the users were set up. You could reset their passwords and group entries on the server and see if that makes a difference - they may have to log off and on again if they're using Windwos, of course.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    I have deleted a user from the linux system and samba, rebooted the samba and windows pc.
    Then recreated the user with a different password.
    the user is possible to connect to the system by using \\servername and entering servername\username and password.
    the user is able to browse the shares and printers, connect to the printers and print to them.
    cups shows job completed. No job is coming to Hylafax when printed on their machine.
    So I logged on whit another user on my pc from who it is not working and did the same again. on my pc with another user it is also working????
    I suspect it is a windows printer driver problem because the postcript needs to be converted to ascii on the hylafax server. there should be an debug script but the link is dead and I am unable to find this script elsewhere.