Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Mark25 Code: sudo yum update mesa-dri-drivers xorg-xll-drv-modsetting [sudo] password for mburghard: Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit No Match for argument: xorg-xll-drv-modsetting No package xorg-xll-drv-modsetting available. No Packages ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark25 View Post
    Code:
    sudo yum update mesa-dri-drivers xorg-xll-drv-modsetting
    [sudo] password for mburghard: 
    Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
    No Match for argument: xorg-xll-drv-modsetting
    No package xorg-xll-drv-modsetting available.
    No Packages marked for Update
    returned for yum update command. It kept telling me the others weren't valid commands.
    you have a typo: it is modesetting not modsetting.

check out this thread which discusses your problem. it seems the binary driver is expected to work (or at least work better than Fedora's driver). also note the special customizations to the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file mentioned in post #6.

Just Joined!
    I tried several things on the thread but the damn thing still doesn't want to load. Do you think maybe I could get some logs and we could try to assess what's still causing the problem?

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark25 View Post
    I tried several things on the thread but the damn thing still doesn't want to load. Do you think maybe I could get some logs and we could try to assess what's still causing the problem?
    Did you get the binary driver installed, or did you not get through that process completely? If not, post what you tried, and any errors you got.

As to logs, i mentioned what you can post in #19.

I'll be off-line for a bit, but hopefully someone here will be able to jump in and help you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3