Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have fedora 17 running on kernel version 3.6.2-4.fc17.x86_64. I also have vmware player 5.00 installed and it starts with no problems. However, when I start ,my 32 bit windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Vmware player crashes

I have fedora 17 running on kernel version 3.6.2-4.fc17.x86_64. I also have vmware player 5.00 installed and it starts with no problems. However, when I start ,my 32 bit windows 7 vm, the x server crashes and I get a screen like the one here:
    WP_001558.jpg
    how do I get my vm to start without crashing?

Just Joined!
    Hello,
    Your problem is your trying to run windows 7 32 bit, on vmware when your kernel is 64 bit. Have you tryed installing the 64 bit version of windows 7? If your running 32 bit in vmware, and your system is 64 bit, unless you install the 64 bit system, it will crash like its doing for you.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by trainhappy View Post
    Hello,
    Your problem is your trying to run windows 7 32 bit, on vmware when your kernel is 64 bit. Have you tryed installing the 64 bit version of windows 7? If your running 32 bit in vmware, and your system is 64 bit, unless you install the 64 bit system, it will crash like its doing for you.
    In theory, there shouldn't be any issues in running 32 bit Virtual machines inside a 64 bit kernel. Might be an issue with VMWare player on the kernel version that you are running

Just Joined!
    Even when I try 64 bit Operating Systems, (Recently tried fedora 18 alpha 64 bit) it still crashes. Help Please