Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all Later my java worked fine and I have possibility to compile and run through console java programs. Thereafter I need to install new jdk, android sdk and additional ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with java configurations

Hi all
    Later my java worked fine and I have possibility to compile and run through console java programs. Thereafter I need to install new jdk, android sdk and additional jre of lower version for specific project. Well now when I try to run java programs through console I have an error (problems with classpath as oracle docs said):
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ...
    Typing in console java - version shows that all fine. This is my csh.cshrc snippet :

Code:
    setenv  SDK  /home/zest/Android/android-sdk-linux
    setenv  PATH  $SDK/platform-tools:$SDK/tools:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

setenv PATH /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_05/bin/:$PATH
    What ways to find solution you might recommend ?
    Last edited by zestu; 10-27-2012 at 07:59 PM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can have multiple versions of java (jdk/jre/j2ee) on your system, but which is used by each application may be determined by various environment variables. In your case, I think the easiest method is to create a "wrapper" script that sets the path and other environment variables to run the old program, so it can be run wtihout problems. This is not an uncommon problem. The CLASSPATH environment variable is the least of your issues, IMO.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!