Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys i have installed the redhat enterprise 6.2 "printing client" but when i print using foomatic:Generic-PCL_6_PCL_XL-Printer-hpijs-pcl5c.ppd the format of the page is never correct, if i print the same ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

redhat 6.2 and printing client

Hi Guys
    i have installed the redhat enterprise 6.2 "printing client" but when i print using foomatic:Generic-PCL_6_PCL_XL-Printer-hpijs-pcl5c.ppd

the format of the page is never correct, if i print the same file from a older sco box it comes out fine

what in the chain foomatic/ghostscript/gutneprint would cause or not pick up the fomat of the document ?

the document always prints but never correctly, would anyone have any tips on how to trouble shoot this ?

i intend to update the "printing client" using the centos repo just for testing purposes but not sure what to do next.

thanks for your help, all suggestions welcome

happy holloween

Beag :-

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Do you have the appropriate CUPS driver installed? PPDs are older tech. You should install CUPS drivers instead if possible. This URL may help: HP Linux Imaging and Printing
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!