Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I'm trying to play a video from the site shift.tv using Firefox. At first, the video would try to load within the page, but the screen would just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Play .asf files on Fedora 17

Hello all,

I'm trying to play a video from the site shift.tv using Firefox. At first, the video would try to load within the page, but the screen would just stay black, with alternating images of a movie reel, a photo, etc. I tried to follow an online guide for installing mplayer, and now when I click the link, FF asks me whether to save the file or open with Mplayer. Either way, the video will not play in Mplayer. I'd like to have the video stream directly within the webpage, instead of being downloaded.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance!

Just Joined!
    First you will need flash player from the "add-ons" section with-in firefox.
    Go to "tools > add-ons > More ways to customize > Browse all add-ons" then in the search box type in "flash" and it will bring up a few flash add-ons, select "Download Flash and Video, Low Quality Flash". You will need flash player from Adobe also: Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player You will need to select either 32 or 64 bit versions for your Fedora 17. After all of this your video through firefox should work.
    Hope this is helpful to you.