Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, we have two server , server A and server B. Both using LVM and GFS. We need to convert GFS2 because we having problem with tape backup. It's not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Centos GFS to GFS2

Hi,

we have two server , server A and server B. Both using LVM and GFS. We need to convert GFS2 because we having problem with tape backup.

It's not compatible with GFS. We already google aroung not yet found related issue as we suffer. What is step-by-step i need to do? The cluster is using SAN storage.

Each partition size that connect to SAN is more than 10TB. Now we do backup procedure but not finish yet. In checklist we include restore and testing procedure. Please give some suggestion to this project.

Thanks.

I am not sure, how gfs causes trouble with tape backup and why gfs2 would be better in this regard.
    Can you elaborate this point?

For the gfs to gfs2 update, there is gfs2_convert
    You need to use it on offline devices, and probably fstab needs to be adjusted accordingly.

This conversion is a very heavy operation.
    A clean gfs and a working backup are requirements before attempting it, imho.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    This is because of Hitachi backup issue. We already run but come out some error that suggest we need to convert GFS2.

I am curious, what is the exact text of the error?
    And what is the productname and version of this "hitachi backup"?
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    We having problem backup with Hitachi CommVault. That why we need to convert GFS2.