Find the answer to your Linux question:
i using rh9 on a te2100 laptop screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 my monitor is a generic laptop lcd display @1024 x768 seems tat everytime after a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

screen resolution goes weird after blank

i using rh9 on a te2100 laptop
    screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768
    my monitor is a generic laptop lcd display @1024 x768
    seems tat everytime after a period of idle, the screen goes blank...and after tat, when i touch anything again, the screen comes back on again but the display is weird. for example, if i were to have a mozilla open b4 i left it to idle, when it comes on again, the mozilla is divided into 4 different part and they are not in place, it looks like the monitor is not big enuff for the screen and it is coming out from the other side

Just Joined!
    okie...the screen din split into 4..my mistake...it split into 2...it seems tat after being idle for too long, when i go back, the screen resolution still remains the same however, redhat 9 seems to tink tat my monitor is actually bigger than it is...and hence this adnormality..
    the mouse cursor position, however remains unchange, ie if i go to the bottom left of the screen, the red hat icon, which had by now go to the middle left of the screen will lit up.
    once i log out, however, the problem is solved, however, i cannot always log out everytime this occurs becoz right now i am trying to update redhat, and it is taking really long and tats y i have to leave it idle. the thing is now tat i finally finished downloading all the update, i have get out...and download it all over again
    any one has any suggestion wat can i do?