Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I want to set run test on cron job for php system. Actually format is > php_test_<page name>_<date>_<time>.txt is after i run command for each page. Eg: ab -n ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Php Benchmark

Hi,

I want to set run test on cron job for php system.

Actually format is > php_test_<page name>_<date>_<time>.txt is after i run command for each page. Eg:

ab -n 1000 -c 100 www dot exampledot com / dashboard][/code]

I have many page to test like search page, login page. More than 50 page need to test.

And it will generate report as php_test_dashboard_12122012_0930.txt. This is what i want to do. The date and time will replace each everyday..

I want put this command in cron job and run every day begin at 9AM and will repeat every 30 minute until it end at 6PM.

I think it maybe required some shell script to achieve it. But i'm not expert with shell script. Please assist me.

Thanks.

Trusted Penguin
    Hi,

First of all, figure out your ab command to run. Here is an example, you can try it:

Code:
    ab -n 1000 -c 100 www.example.com/dashboard > /tmp/php_test_dashboard_$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%S) 2>&1
    then when you are satisfied, put it in a script (we'll call it ~/php-script.sh) that also checks the time, e.g.:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    if [ $(date +%k) -ge 9 -a $(date +%k) -le 18 ]; then
      ab -n 1000 -c 100 www.example.com/dashboard > /tmp/php_test_dashboard_$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%S) 2>&1
    else
      echo not time to run
    fi
    Make the script executable:
    Code:
    chmod +x ~/php-script.sh
    The run it once, to make sure it runs:
    Code:
    ~/php-script.sh
    It should generate the date-specific log mentioned in the script.

Then create a cronjob as a regular user using this command:

Code:
    crontab -e
    this will open an editor (usually vi, but varies). then put something like this:
    Code:
    # command is run every 30 min
    */30 * * * * ~/php-script.sh > /tmp/php-cronjob.log 2>&1
    then save and quit the file. no need to restart cron - it should pick up the new job the next minute. then start watching for those logs to appear. if they don't, check the log file /tmp/php-cronjob.log for output. You can also look in the cron log itself, usually /var/log/cron.log.

This script should be executed by cron every 30 minutes. but within the script itself, the time between 9am and 6pm is checked.

Just Joined!
    This is very helpful. Thanks a lot.