Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI My computer is acer 4749.and My network is Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet and Atheros AR5B125 Wireless .i use redhat 6.2.My Redhat don't have the driver now.how can I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to install driver for atheros

HI
    My computer is acer 4749.and My network is Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet and Atheros AR5B125 Wireless .i use redhat 6.2.My Redhat don't have the driver now.how can I do?I'm rookia,this problem have puzzled me a week ,please help me,TKS all of you

Linux User
    Ah yes, I had this very issue.

I haven't played with it for a few years, but I believe you need ndiswrapper and some DLLs stolen from a Windows installation because they don't like clever buggers messing with the wireless code.

ndiswrapper(DOT)sourceforge(DOT)net/ndiswrapper

I had to swipe ar5211.sys out of windows\system32 or something. So basically you have to get the stuff going in windows and then find out which driver(s) they use and copy it to /etc/ndiswrapper.

You'll need this line in /etc/modules.conf too:
    Code:
    alias wlan0 ndiswrapper
    It's the hardware access layer (hal) they don't want you to mess with, because then you could crank up the signal strength to levels that do not comply with FCC rules. That's what I remember anyway.

Good luck.

Just Joined!
    hello.friend,i have tried,but i am failed.did i download a wrong driver?or else?i don't know . TKS friend