Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm starting to pull my hair out on this one. The marketing folks here decided they want to start listing products on amazon and amazon requires curl 7.18 or higher. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

updating curl on centos5.8 from curl 7.15 to at least 7.18

I'm starting to pull my hair out on this one. The marketing folks here decided they want to start listing products on amazon and amazon requires curl 7.18 or higher.

I'm running yum installed curl and php-curl on centos5.8 and it's version 7.15 (not good enuf).

I took a look at the remo repos but it des not contain curl.

I really do not want to chase the the dependancy chains using rpm after rpm and downloaded and compiled the latest curl but php still shows 7.15

can someone give me some pointers on how I should proceed?

thanks in advance...

Jeff

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You will have to install from source most likely. Either that, or grade to CentOS 6.x first, and then update curl. Bear in mind that an upgrade from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6 is not for the faint-of-heart...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    You will have to install from source most likely. Either that, or grade to CentOS 6.x first, and then update curl. Bear in mind that an upgrade from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6 is not for the faint-of-heart...
    not a problem - I've upgraded a few system from centos 5.6 to 5.8 and it worked fine.

in looking at the available downloads for centos 6 I do not see disks 1 through 7 like on centos 5.8 - what's the deal? Do I have to go the DVD route?

Either DVD or netinstall
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irithori View Post
    Either DVD or netinstall
    There is also a live CD that you can use to do the base install, and then add packages you want with yum.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!