Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running CentOS 6.3 and was running Gnome as my desktop. Under this config I was able to have Vino server automatically start at boot. I have since switched to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to auto start vino server under KDE

I'm running CentOS 6.3 and was running Gnome as my desktop. Under this config I was able to have Vino server automatically start at boot. I have since switched to KDE and Vino no longer automatically starts. How can I configure it to automatically start under KDE or any other desktop?

BTW, vino-server is started under KDE when I execute vino-preferences from a command line to view the configuration GUI for vino. After this, I can remote into the machine. I just need to figure out how to start vino at boot.

Thanks
    Last edited by jjscott; 12-25-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Linux Guru
    There is an Autostart folder in your user (as well as /root) directory. It is a hidden file, .kde4 I would expect. Just click View from the file manager and select View Hidden Files to find the .kde4 folder. Take a look at the link below for an example of how to autostart:

HowTo Autostart application in KDE4 | Linux Poison

If that is not what you are looking for, post back.

Just Joined!
    That worked. Thanks.

Is there a way to do the same thing so that vino-server automatically launches under any desktop?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close