Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello you reading this, I have a question, I've just reinstalled my server and did everything correctly. Also in PHP info it shows that my sockets are enabled. How ever.. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_socket.so'

Hello you reading this,

I have a question, I've just reinstalled my server and did everything correctly. Also in PHP info it shows that my sockets are enabled.

How ever.. on my log it shows me this error.

Code:
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_socket.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/php_socket.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    How can I fix this?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Senethic

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Look at the contents of the directory /usr/lib64/php/modules for the file php_socket.so. This is the 64-bit library that php is trying to load. If it isn't there, you might see if there is a version in /usr/lib64. Use the command: find /usr/lib64 -name 'php_socket.so' and see if it finds anything. If not, then your PHP packages are not properly installed, most likely.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Look at the contents of the directory /usr/lib64/php/modules for the file php_socket.so. This is the 64-bit library that php is trying to load. If it isn't there, you might see if there is a version in /usr/lib64. Use the command: find /usr/lib64 -name 'php_socket.so' and see if it finds anything. If not, then your PHP packages are not properly installed, most likely.
    At first I instantly looked for the file, couldn't find anything.
    Somehow the customers page seems to be working, I'll leave this for now if it is fully working.
    I'll let you know, thanks for the quick respond.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It may not have found it in the default location, hence the warning (note that it is not an error), but it may have found it in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or other path environment used by PHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    It may not have found it in the default location, hence the warning (note that it is not an error), but it may have found it in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or other path environment used by PHP.
    Seems not to have been solved yet.
    How can I reinstall the php socket so that I get my php_socket.so in the /usr/lib64/ folder?

What version of Red Hat are you running? Fedora or Enterprise? In any case, you can execute the command "yum list 'php*.x86_64'" to see what 64-bit specific packages are installed or available. I would think that this library is part of the standard PHP suit, which would include the packages php.x86_64 and php-common.x86_64.

*snip*

I just found out that the php_socket DOES work but it takes a while for the customers script to refresh itself.
    It sends a UDP packet which has to be read.
    Yet it works but it takes a while. I'll bump this up if I know more.
    Last edited by Senethic; 01-07-2013 at 12:49 PM.