Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks for your imput. Do you know about setting up a wireless nic mine is a Network controller" "Ralink corp." "RT2800 802.11n PCI" "Linksys" "Device 0067 and I guess CentOS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thanks for your imput. Do you know about setting up a wireless nic mine is a
    Network controller" "Ralink corp." "RT2800 802.11n PCI" "Linksys" "Device 0067 and I guess CentOS cant find the driver

Linux Guru
    If you don't get any response to your wireless problem, start a new thread. If you go to the Wireless Networking section, the first sticky has some info on what information would be useful to post. You would have a better chance of getting a response that way.

Did you get everything working on Samba?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMcA View Post
    How many users on the XP box need to connect to the share? If only one user, change the samba security so that only that user is authorized to the share and the documents created within it. To do that, change the security setting to security = user. Then add valid users = your_samba_user_name to the [MyShare] section.

On my Fedora box, security = share isn't even a valid option. Not sure about CentOS.

Lastly, the manual has a ton of information, including explaining all options within smb.conf:

Code:
    man smb.conf
    Thanks will check it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2