Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am trying to execute "make all" command in terminal but it is showing error like this below. I have no much clue. I feel I am doing some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

make:****[file.o] Error:127

Hello,

I am trying to execute "make all" command in terminal but it is showing error like
    this below. I have no much clue. I feel I am doing some file path setting wrong but

not sure!!! and I am new to Linux(2.6 Red HAT)Keeping my make file and script files as

attachment. If anything else I need to post for reference please let me know. kindly

help

normal end of script ./compile_mg1g1.ksh
    << TMPDIR : >>

>> Compiling: /home/UsrAJ/Desktop/mg1g1_perfo/drv/flmfortmod01.f90
    ifort -save -zero -fpp -fPIC -DRHEL5 -assume byterecl -convert big_endian -traceback

-module -I/home/UsrAJ/Desktop/mg1g1_perfo/drv -O2 -c

/home/UsrAJ/Desktop/mg1g1_perfo/drv/flmfortmod01.f90 -o /flmfortmod01.o
    make: ifort: Command not found
    make: *** [flmfortmod01.o] Error 127
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Penguin
    Hi,

How did you install the Intel compiler? Did you follow a guide something like this one?

I think the way it works is, after the install is done, an alias named ifort should be set up that calls the intel compiler binary (which is probably somewhere in /opt/intel). That alias must be written to some bash profile, or to a system-wide profile in /etc/profile.d/.

Quote Originally Posted by AjainAhan View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to execute "make all" command in terminal but it is showing error like
    this below. I have no much clue. I feel I am doing some file path setting wrong but

not sure!!! and I am new to Linux(2.6 Red HAT)Keeping my make file and script files as

attachment. If anything else I need to post for reference please let me know. kindly

help

normal end of script ./compile_mg1g1.ksh
    << TMPDIR : >>

>> Compiling: /home/UsrAJ/Desktop/mg1g1_perfo/drv/flmfortmod01.f90
    ifort -save -zero -fpp -fPIC -DRHEL5 -assume byterecl -convert big_endian -traceback

-module -I/home/UsrAJ/Desktop/mg1g1_perfo/drv -O2 -c

/home/UsrAJ/Desktop/mg1g1_perfo/drv/flmfortmod01.f90 -o /flmfortmod01.o
    make: ifort: Command not found
    make: *** [flmfortmod01.o] Error 127

The error clearly states make: ifort: Command not found. Install the rpms or packages related to this command and run the make command again. You should be good to go.

Jazak Allah
    Sohail