Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, anyone who trusted and been a long time member here, can help me with the installation of php-imap module on my CentOS server? if so please leave your answer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help management

hello, anyone who trusted and been a long time member here, can help me with the installation of php-imap module on my CentOS server?
    if so please leave your answer here, thanks a lot!

It should be as simple as 'yum install php-imap' from the command line.

You'd need some PHP code that uses it - perhaps installing a standard imap-type web service may do this? There are several around (take a look through your package manager), I have Squirrelmail as my imap service (which I run on my main CentOS 5 server) but I'm not sure if that's in the repositories for CentOS 6.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Hi, well i tried that and any other instructions but no success. I only asking for person who can help me by login into my server and configure it. Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Asking someone to log into your server and fix it for you is not our recommended approach. We're not here to 'fix it for you', we help the community by advising them how to fix stuff so they understand it. If you fix it, by following guidance, you'll have learned something and you'll be better placed next time. If someone does it for you, you learn nothing and if stuff breaks again, you'll be asking for the same help.

So with that in mind...

What commands did you use before? What errors did they report?

Just Joined!
    Okay thanks, when i type: yum install php-imap
    it shows:
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: centos.mirrors.chicagovps.net
    * extras: mirror.sanctuaryhost.com
    * updates: mirror.ubiquityservers.com
    base | 1.1 kB 00:00
    extras | 2.1 kB 00:00
    updates | 1.9 kB 00:00
    updates/primary_db | 97 kB 00:00
    Excluding Packages in global exclude list
    Finished
    Setting up Install Process
    Nothing to do

Just Joined!
    And i tried [root@mail ~]# yum install --disableexcludes=all php-imap
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: centos.mirrors.chicagovps.net
    * extras: mirror.sanctuaryhost.com
    * updates: mirror.ubiquityservers.com
    Setting up Install Process
    Package php-imap-5.1.6-39.el5_8.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Nothing to do

and it seems that i have php-imap installed. And when i go to my script it says php-imap function is not installed
    Last edited by mailnet; 02-15-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Just Joined!
    And i added :

--with-imap=/usr/lib/dovecot/imap \
    --with-imap-ssl

to my ap2/configure/configure.php5 file.

And tried to build php by
    ./build php n

and httpd is restarted automatically.

But my script still shows this when i try to enable bounce service:
    Your server does not have the required modules installed to process bounces. Please contact your host or system administrator and ask them to install the "PHP-IMAP" module.
    For more information, see this page on the PHP website

I'm not all that familiar with what you're trying to do here, but it looks to me like a permissions issue - it's trying to load a module (that is _definitely_ installed) and it's failing to load it. Are you running this as a regular user (from, say, your public_html folder in your home directory)? Or is this a core apache site installed on your system (in, say, the /var/www/html directory somewhere)?

If it's core, how are the permissions defined?

I also have a question about the process you're trying to implement. IMAP isn't a mail transport service, it doesn't do the job of Sendmail or Postfix, so it will not be generating bounces. It doesn't do mail sending - that's done by an smtp agent, again an MTA. What 'bounces' are you trying to handle here? Are these just the email result of a bounced message? Aren't these handled by your MTA?

Just Joined!
    Hi, first of all, i'm trying to run email bounce module on my email marketing script (getting the bounced emails from non used emails and delete them from our database). And when i configure it and tried to test it it showed the error above: PHP-IMAP module is not installed. Even though i installed it.

My script is located in /domain/public_html/folder
    and it doesn't ask for permission change so i thought the current permissions are good.

Looks like my script requires php-imap module to handle email bounces.

I have VPS server and it has exim that is sending the emails. But they are not handling the bounces.

Lasty what i'm trying to do is to enable email bounce module on my email marketing script but it asks my the installation of php-imap module in order to enable it which i did but not working and still saying it's not installed. I have VPS that has exim. Not sure about the Sendmail or Postfix are installed or not.

thank you

Take a look at who the apache service is running as. If memory serves, there is an apache module that runs stuff in users own public_html folders, and I think it might run them with the user's own permissions. If that's true (and I cannot remember off the top of my head) then that user might not have permission to read the php-imap libraries. You could try changing the user this runs as, perhaps provide an apache virtual host definition for this site alone to see if makes the package loadable?