Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sir at present I installed two operating systems on my system they are Fedora18X86-64 and opensuse12.2X86-64. One( suse ) for general purpose and another( Fedora ) to learn about Linux,Unix ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Expecting help at high risk related to booting Fedora18

Sir at present I installed two operating systems on my system they are Fedora18X86-64 and opensuse12.2X86-64. One( suse ) for general purpose and another( Fedora ) to learn about Linux,Unix operating systems and installed FreeBSD, Solaris10,Windows7 as guest operating systems under VMWare Workstation9 with lot of struggle.

At the time of installing Fedora OS I selected single partition of size 60GB and formatted it as root(/) of type LVM and installed complete Operating System and created virtual machines of other OSís on other partitions.

Few hours back while working on Fedora, power failure occurred and at that time I was running FreeBSD virtual machine.

When I turn on my machine I am getting the following errors
    welcome to emergency mode Type "systemctl default" or ^D to enter default mode.
    Type "journalctl -b" to view system logs.
    Type "systemctl reboot" to reboot
    Give root password for maintainance.

I issued ^D which listed following errors.
    [ systemd-udevd[572]: 'mtp-probe /sys/devices/pci0000:00:13.1/usb6/6-3 6-2' [633] terminated by signal 15 (terminated)
    [systemd-udevd[549]: worker [569] did not accept message -1 (connection refused) kill it.

I am getting errors alot similar to above.

I am afraiding that if I do something without proper guidance the system may be totally corrupted.

Please suggest me what to do now in order to boot into my Fedora system successfully I mean whether I can use opensuse12.2 Operating system or Fedora DVD in rescue mode etc., with in detail.

Please help me to solve my problem without loss of data, applications etc., as I am new to linux.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

Linux Engineer
    Looks like your system may want to run a fsck.

IIRC, I know there are some situations where if your system doesn't shutdown cleanly, and you use another OS to access the data on an EXT4 file system you risk dataloss, but hopefully that's not the case.

I suggest typing the root password and it run fsck on the rootfs.