Find the answer to your Linux question:
Halo, I'm trying to setup a mail server upon this requirement, Sendmail with ClamAV, Spam checking, Webmail, Email client facility, Mail scanner. So far, I'm able to install sendmail, dovecot ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Configure Sendmail

Halo, I'm trying to setup a mail server upon this requirement, Sendmail with ClamAV, Spam checking, Webmail, Email client facility, Mail scanner. So far, I'm able to install sendmail, dovecot (as sendmail dose not support pop3) squirrelmail for webmail. But I'm unable to work all of them together. I've searched google and got helped from many tutorial. The problem is to me those tuto seem for the people who know linux server system at least at intermediate level. My understanding of linux you may say is primary level. I've understand how mail work from Prof Jeong Chul video. But i feel i need more explanation upon the following questions.

* As my domain is not registered yet. How can i create a mail server according to above requirement for 100 local client?

I did tried to get tuto according to above requirement but i found it is very hard to execute. Hope this post will catch some eyes.

Just Joined!
    No reply yet

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I suggest to use postfix instead of sendmail. There's a bunch of step-by-step guide on how to accomplish your requirements. You may want to visit howtoforge.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I got one reply, thanks acelino for that. I almost done sendmail. But got a error finally. I'll report it back within few days and hoping will post my tuto here.

Just Joined!
    You can use sendmail etc for sending mail , But to send the mail to the external mail when you dont have your Domain name registered , You need to use Dynamic DNS , But you would be needing a public IP

Thanks
    Philix