Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever i use VNCviewer from my remote PC it displays the 'Connection refused 10061'. Can anyone help? I understand error 10061 has to do with the firewall or something....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VNC problem

Whenever i use VNCviewer from my remote PC it displays the 'Connection refused 10061'. Can anyone help? I understand error 10061 has to do with the firewall or something.

Linux Guru
    10061 means that the server computer was contactable, but not accepting connections on the port you were trying to connect to. This might be because VNC Server 4 was not running, or because it couldn't open the required port.
    (from : http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc...er/048115.html )

1) Make sure the vnc server is started (on the server, run "ps aux | grep vncserver").

2) Check you can telnet to the port locally on the server with "telnet localhost 5900". You should get a connection, if not, go back to step 1.

3) From the CLIENT, check a) you are typing the correct IP address of the server, b) that you can telnet to the server: "telnet x.x.x.x 5900". If you cannot get a connection, check the firewall settings on the server, and on the client if necessary.

4) Try once again using the "vncviewer" software to connect, once again checking you are using the correct hostname/IP address.

Jason

Just Joined!
    Ok thanks