Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Levi88 bsal0m;924128]Are you using wine to run it? and 3GB ram? I suggest an upgrade my friend. Negative my friend. Direct operation from chrome. It is A ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Levi88 View Post
    bsal0m;924128]Are you using wine to run it? and 3GB ram? I suggest an upgrade my friend.
    Negative my friend. Direct operation from chrome. It is A flash game[/QUOTE]

Do you mean chromium? Also try reinstalling both chrome (I think you mean chromiun) and flash. I really don't think it should cause a ram boost that much. I agree with LazyDog that it might be a memory leak, but caused by a fault in the installation. Maybe try another browser.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by absal0m View Post
    Negative my friend. Direct operation from chrome. It is A flash game
    Do you mean chromium? Also try reinstalling both chrome (I think you mean chromiun) and flash. I really don't think it should cause a ram boost that much. I agree with LazyDog that it might be a memory leak, but caused by a fault in the installation. Maybe try another browser.[/QUOTE]

I meant Google Chrome. Chromium will play it, but the flash never works properly so I use Chrome. Firefox does about the same as Chrome and doesn't run as smoothly on this particular task and will still start freezing up. Thanks, maybe I do just need to upgrade. Saving the dough for a quad core 4.2GHz and 16GB PC

Can you post the output of `free -m`?

I suspect the memory usage is more disk cache than it is application usage. Also, another good output to analyze would be

Code:
     ps ax -o rss,vsz,pid,user,command | sort -n | tail -20
    Also, for whoever it was that was asking, fuduntu is (was?) based on fedora, but was supposed to be in the style of ubuntu (the user friendly aspects anyway.) It's RPM / YUM based, though it's quite different from Fedora proper now. Last time I tried it was gnome 2 by default, and this was after Fedora 18 was released, so not that long ago.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by meton_magis View Post
    Can you post the output of `free -m`?

I suspect the memory usage is more disk cache than it is application usage. Also, another good output to analyze would be

Code:
     ps ax -o rss,vsz,pid,user,command | sort -n | tail -20
    Also, for whoever it was that was asking, fuduntu is (was?) based on fedora, but was supposed to be in the style of ubuntu (the user friendly aspects anyway.) It's RPM / YUM based, though it's quite different from Fedora proper now. Last time I tried it was gnome 2 by default, and this was after Fedora 18 was released, so not that long ago.
    Thanks again. That is I who run Fuduntu. It has it's issues as does any distro, but besides that, it just works. It recognizes all my devices as where Ubuntu, Zorin, Mint, Solus don't even see em without software downloads and then it's still iffy. I know Ubuntu is still Technically the best for games, but this Fuduntu will run windows programs with ease that others won't even boot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2