Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, i have one problem to be solved by linux experts. the scenerio is one customer having two or three branches in different locations all are having public ips. in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

tally on webserver

hello, i have one problem to be solved by linux experts. the scenerio is one customer having two or three branches in different locations all are having public ips. in one place he is having one server, but he wants all their branch office entries in the tally software should be stored in his head office which is having the server. so it is possible to do this. i already installed LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, Php). but how to go further i don't know.any other ideas please.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by meetpsm View Post
    he wants all their branch office entries in the tally software should be stored in his head office which is having the server
    Hi,

Can you go into some detail about the tally software?

Just Joined!

tally on web browser

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Hi,

Can you go into some detail about the tally software?
    thank you for your kind attention shown in this thread. they actually wants the entry in the branch office should be stored in the head office. i planned to put some windows server OS and create one domain and users attached to that domain will solve it. but it is possible only on a single premesies. through LAN. but can we use it for remote locations? so somebody said to go for web based server in the head offcie and clients in the branch offices. they also wants that their entries should not be edited after the day is closed(ie) 12.00 midnight. that can be accomplished by using scripts. but where to install the tally software and how to acces it i don't know. whether it will be installable in server? and one more thing is i cant assign the public IPs to my server. but i am actually browsing throug the public IP.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by meetpsm View Post
    thank you for your kind attention shown in this thread. they actually wants the entry in the branch office should be stored in the head office. i planned to put some windows server OS and create one domain and users attached to that domain will solve it. but it is possible only on a single premesies. through LAN. but can we use it for remote locations? so somebody said to go for web based server in the head offcie and clients in the branch offices. they also wants that their entries should not be edited after the day is closed(ie) 12.00 midnight. that can be accomplished by using scripts. but where to install the tally software and how to acces it i don't know. whether it will be installable in server? and one more thing is i cant assign the public IPs to my server. but i am actually browsing throug the public IP.
    Hi,

A good answer to your question still relies upon you answering the question: What exactly is this tally software? Is it an in-house product or something off the shelf? Is it web-based? How does it work? Is it already designed with a client/server implementation?