Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all Im trying to run the ATI install program at the moment to update my driver ( and address the annoying Xserver issue), however, I am unceratin about certain ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ATI RADEON 9200 driver install program

Hi all

Im trying to run the ATI install program at the moment to update my driver ( and address the annoying Xserver issue), however, I am unceratin about certain questions being asked and seek some clarity.

In the application profiles settings, it is asking the following

Please select application specific profile:

1. Default
    2. Individual Configuration of Capabilities
    3. Maya
    4. SOFTIMAGE|XSI
    5. SOFTIMAGE|3D
    6. Houdini 4.0
    7. Houdini 5.0
    8. Houdini 5.5

Does anyone know any good URLS I can use to read up about these ???

The other sections I have no clue about are also shown below ???

Code:
    ==============================================================================
    Advanced Graphics Features Settings

Do you want to initialize xfree86-dga (y/n)? [n] n

Do you want to export pseudo color visuals (y/n)? [n] n

Do you want to synchronize buffer swaps
    with the vertical sync signal (y/n)? [n] n

Full Scene Anti Aliasing (FSAA)

Please select multi sample visuals you want to share:

1 = All (Visuals for 2,4 and 6 Samples per Pixel)
     2 = Visuals for 2 Samples per Pixel
     4 = Visuals for 4 Samples per Pixel
     6 = Visuals for 6 Samples per Pixel
    Once again if anyone knows some good URLS I can read at my own leisure or if they know what these terms means that would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and BTW, my graphics card is actually a ATI RADEON 9200 SE. Was wondering if that means any significant difference since the ATI website said it supported the 9200 class, so I thought it would any Radeon 9200 makes in general.

Other useful information. My XFree86 version is 4.3.0 and I am using glibc 2.2 or 2.3 ( cannot remember but it was a valid enough version to support the driver according to the ATI website).

accually the radeon 9200 card was designed speciffically for windows. linux has some issues with it and when you install linux and you choose your viedo cards it has almost all of the radeons except the 9200 you need to choose the generic driver with the same amount of memory (assuming your card is 128mb)

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by zacam87
    accually the radeon 9200 card was designed speciffically for windows. linux has some issues with it and when you install linux and you choose your viedo cards it has almost all of the radeons except the 9200 you need to choose the generic driver with the same amount of memory (assuming your card is 128mb)
    Ive done that on my 2nd re-installation of Linux. Just that I want to see if it was possible to resolve the "flashing" issue as it gives me feelings of uncertainty