Find the answer to your Linux question:
Major brands such as Netgear, Linksys, Belkin, Buffalo only have Windows driver (sometimes MAc driver). Brands such as D-Link, I tried to compile the file, but usually got hundred of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Can someone recommend a USB wireless adapter?

Major brands such as Netgear, Linksys, Belkin, Buffalo only have Windows driver (sometimes MAc driver). Brands such as D-Link, I tried to compile the file, but usually got hundred of errors.

Asus might have some Linux support, but I am not so sure, I am using Centos 6.4 64 bit, and like to have WiFi support, but so far no luck!

Also: do you guys think Redhat is motivated to make RHEL evem more complex, difficult so they can sell their support, I am 100% sure they have zero motivation to make their software even 1% easier!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by shfyang View Post
    Major brands such as Netgear, Linksys, Belkin, Buffalo only have Windows driver (sometimes MAc driver). Brands such as D-Link, I tried to compile the file, but usually got hundred of errors.

Asus might have some Linux support, but I am not so sure, I am using Centos 6.4 64 bit, and like to have WiFi support, but so far no luck!

Also: do you guys think Redhat is motivated to make RHEL evem more complex, difficult so they can sell their support, I am 100% sure they have zero motivation to make their software even 1% easier!
    1. Most of the major dongle manufacturers either have linux drivers, or they are already supported by linux. See www.wireless.kernel.org for help, drivers, firmware, instructions. I haven't found much WiFi cruft that won't work with RHEL 6.x systems.
    2. CentOS, SL, and Oracle are all RHEL clones. I use both CentOS and RHEL at work, and SL (Scientific Linux) at home. RHEL and clones aren't more complex than any other Linux distribution, but they are intended for enterprise class systems where admins know (more or less) what they are doing. They have a lot of How-Tos, FAQs, and such online to help you get up to speed.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Thanks Sir !!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Open <Add/Remove Software> and in the search box write: wireless
    Take a look through the wireless devices, included in your repo list there.

Linux Guru