Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have Red Hat as my OS; and I need to make, write, and in general be able to change the pdf files on my machine; so I searched ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

downloading PDFedit

Hi,

I have Red Hat as my OS; and I need to make, write, and in general be able to change the pdf files on my machine; so I searched and saw there is a software for this as PDFedit; but I'm not sure if it also is downloadable on Red Hat or not? Any one has any experience in that?

Thanks,
    S.A.

Linux Guru
    If you are using Red Hat beyond the 30 day trial period, you will need to pay for the use of it in order to get any updates or software from them. If you are not paying, you would be better off using CentOS which is Red Hat w/o the trademarks and support. If you do have paid support, call them. You may be able to download and install it yourself if you search. I'm not a Red Hat user so dont' really know.

Trusted Penguin
    hello and welcome, solmazariafar!

what version of RHEL are you running?

I see it in the RPMForge/RepoForge repository here (for RHEL 5):

Index of /pdfedit
    Last edited by atreyu; 07-06-2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: for RHEL 5

Just Joined!
    Hello,

Thanks a lot; now I have it on my computer, by the way actually it kinda disappointed me, it desn't work as efficient as adob acrobat on windows

Linux Guru
    t desn't work as efficient as adob acrobat on windows
    I personally wouldn't expect it to. On the other hand, the price is right. You never indicated which version of Red Hat you are using so there may be problems with that such as dependencies. If you have it working, that's a step in the right direction.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by solmazariafar View Post
    it desn't work as efficient as adob acrobat on windows
    well, what do you mean by "efficient"? Do you mean the app isn't as snappy (hardware), or that it lacks features (software)?

if you really want Acrobat functionality (and you've already paid for it), you could try running it under WINE.