Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just installed Fedora 19 LXDE and XFCE spins as virtual machines on a windows 7 host using vmware player. As part of my usual install procedures, I also installed the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bleachbit as administrator - Fedora 19

Just installed Fedora 19 LXDE and XFCE spins as virtual machines on a windows 7 host using vmware player.

As part of my usual install procedures, I also installed the latest version of Bleachbit. When I click on the "Bleachbit as administrator" link / icon, nothing happens.

I can run Bleachbit in administrator or root mode from the terminal using both su and sudo but not from the links.

How do I get it to run from the links / shortcuts / icons?

not sure if i'm allowed to tag-along on this thread, or if i need to create a new one, but i've got the same problem, except, i'm using KDE on fedora 19, and i can't even launch it as root from the terminal .

=== EDIT ===

i just decided to logout of the desktop environment and sign into it as root, then run bleachbit. works for me, for now, i guess o_O
    Last edited by citizencoup; 08-26-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but to run bleachbit from the terminal, just open a terminal, enter su -, your root password when asked, then drag bleachbit from /bin/bleachbit into the terminal with root privileges and hit enter. Bleachbit should start with the highest privileges (oops windows terms!)