Find the answer to your Linux question:
Please, I have problem mounting linux local file system when its booting. What do I do? I am currently using linux server enterprise edition....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem mounting local filesystem

Please, I have problem mounting linux local file system when its booting. What do I do? I am currently using linux server enterprise edition.

How about the error that you get?
    What does your fstab file look like?
    What is linux server enterprise?

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    I have input/output error. I can't go beyond Mounting local filesystems from booting.

Just Joined!
    Please, can I use Grub to restore the local filesystem?

Linux Guru
    You need to give more detailed information. Which server enterprise version? Are you using Red Hat? Suse Linux Enterpirse? Some other distribution. Most Linus distributions I have used display their name on boot so that info should not be difficult to come up with.

Is this a new installation? Have you ever been able to boot it? Post the complete error as well as what you have on the machine. Is this the only operating system? If not, what else do you have? Do you have a Linux Live CD you can boot to get more pertinent information?

Please, can I use Grub to restore the local filesystem?
    No. Grub is a bootloader and doesn't repair filesystems.

Just Joined!

problem mounting linux local filesystem

Its a storage server and running RedHat Linux Enterprise Server. I have attached the error. Thank you.2013-07-13 04.51.25.jpg2013-07-13 14.34.32.jpg

Linux Guru
    If you are using Red Hat, the best source of help is to contact them That's what you are paying for. If you are just using a trial version, you will obviously not get any support nor will you be able to get any updates. Which release/version number of Red Hat? Has the system been working and this is a new problem? What changes were made to hardware/software just prior to this, if any? What happens when you press "I" as recommended in your first image? The second image shows "Mounting Local Filesystems". What happens there, does it just freeze? Are you not able to proceed?

Just Joined!
    Thank you Yancek, Its not a trial version. The system has been working properly and no changes were made. The System freezes at the point of mounting local filesystem. Pressing I does not yield any difference.

Boot, using the first CD, into rescue mode and scan the disks for errors. Do you have a good backup of your data? You might have to replace some disks and need to reinstall.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted