Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation latest kernel 3.10.3-300.fc19: keyboard & mouse do not respond

After upgrading the kernel to version 3.10.3-300.fc19.x86_64, I can no longer use my keyboard and mouse in the displaymanager (kdm or gdm does not matter). Even after starting with parameter "single" in the grub menu, I came also to a point where mouse and keyboard do not respond. Thus I can not consult the logs.

I have a wifi USB keyboard and mouse, but they do work fine in previous kernel releases of Fedora19.

RE: After upgrading the kernel to version 3.10.3-300.fc19.x86_64, I can no longer use my ... wifi USB keyboard and mouse
    Put normal Keyboard and Mouse (with USB slot) and start the computer.
    Check up which is the WiFi Adapter of the wireless connection and search to install the firmware (from the repo list of Fedora at first).
    In the search box of Add/Remove Software write: wifi keyboard
    If the driver for your Wi-Fi adapter is there - install it.
    If you cannot find the driver, look at the page of the OEM of the wireless keyboard and mouse and download the OEM linux drivers from their site ... compile and patch the kernel.
    Obviously some development geniuses have decided that nobody will need these drivers ... or maybe they are trying to improve the performance times of loading & the Gnome session, for example.
    Ask the developers what is the case and how can you patch the kernel.
    Last edited by user-f11; 07-29-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: syntax

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by user-f11 View Post
    If the driver for your Wi-Fi adapter is there - install it.
    If you cannot find the driver, look at the page of the OEM of the wireless keyboard and mouse and download the OEM linux drivers from their site ... compile and patch the kernel.
    Obviously some development geniuses have decided that nobody will need these drivers ... or maybe they are trying to improve the performance times of loading & the Gnome session, for example.
    Ask the developers what is the case and how can you patch the kernel.
    Thanks @user-f11.
    I thought half the world uses wireless keyboards and mouses. For 15 years I have had no problems with kernels and suddenly ...

I wait for the next kernel release. Hopefully they solve it. Meanwhile I'll stay with version 3.9.9.

As already mentioned in previous conversion, I have not switched to linux to patch drivers. I use linux applications and hopefully those kernels are more stable in the future.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Unhappy no improvement with release 3.10.4

No improvement with release 3-10-4. Keyboard and mouse remain essential elements of the hardware.

What is happening here?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdg1955 View Post
    No improvement with release 3-10-4. ...
    Problem solved in release 3.10-5 .
    Thank you to the Linux development team.