Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys, is there any paper or document that could give me more detailed and simple information about partition on linux and how to do it ??, couse i would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Understanding about partition on linux

hi guys,

is there any paper or document that could give me more detailed and simple information about partition on linux and how to do it ??, couse i would like to make a partition on my new fedora core 19 just like on my windows PC which have 2 partition one as the OS and the other as the data,

thanks and regards

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Here you can follow the fedora installation guide section partitioning : docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-diskpartsetup-x86.html

A simple partitioning scheme is to make a / partition where the system is installed, and a /home partition where your data is. And a swap one of course. I believe that this can be done easily by following the instructions during the installation. If you have a problem or need more clarification, you can ask again.

for understanding partition basics Linux Partition HOWTO
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    thanks for the information guys, hopefully i could understand the partition on linux system if i still dont, i will get back here with some questions

thanks