Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i need to add a line to my grub, "nomodeset" where is the file to edit in fedora 18? also what is the recommended way of making cinnamon the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

edit grub and make cinnamon default window manager

hi, i need to add a line to my grub, "nomodeset" where is the file to edit in fedora 18? also what is the recommended way of making cinnamon the default window manager? thanks lots

Linux Guru
    The grub.cfg file should be in /boot/grub2/ directory. Add that to the linux line.

Just Joined!
    If you are using fedora 18 in a standard installation you will have grub2 rather than grub as your bootloader. To add "nomodeset" to the kernel line and have it persist over boots then you need to edit the /etc/default/grub file and add "nomodeset" to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX line, and put it inside the quotation marks. Then you need to run, as root:
    Code:
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    This will change the /boot/grub2/grub.cfg file to reflect what you want. You can directly edit the /boot/grub2/grub.cfg file and add your kernel option, but you need to wade through that file and find all the appropriate instances to change, but none of these changes will persist when you upgrade a kernel ... they'll get overwritten whereas using grub2-mkconfig makes the changes persist.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close