Find the answer to your Linux question:
I already have Fedora 15 dual bootable with Win 8, is it possible to go from there and upgrade to the latest Fedora without burning the ISO to a DVD/usb? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Fedora without burning ISO

I already have Fedora 15 dual bootable with Win 8, is it possible to go from there and upgrade to the latest Fedora without burning the ISO to a DVD/usb? I'm also fine with losing all the data on the Fedora 15 side.

Just Joined!
    I realize after reading the install modes wiki for unetbootin that it won't do a proper install but just take me to a live environment.

Is installing the latest Fedora possible without burning the iso to something??
    Last edited by workisnotfun; 09-08-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Linux Guru
    Is installing the latest Fedora possible without burning the iso to something??
    Yes. Without more details on the number of drives/partitions you have there's not much point in trying to explain it. I don't see how you could do this installing to the same partition on which you now have Fedora but you could loop mount the iso, copy the files to a directory in the root of either the current Fedora filesystem or of another partition and put a correct entry in the boot menu of the current Fedora grub.conf file.