Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3...

I googled all over the place could never find what I needed...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Just Joined!
    D'Oh....Sorry, I'm new here and just saw that there is a "Desktop" forum. Perhaps I should have posted my question there?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum. However, I figured I should wait to see what kinda of feedback I get here before I make a dup thread in the "Desktop" forum.

Welcome aboard!
    I haven't used Gnome in quite sometime, so I can't really give any advice on your question.
    Just letting you know that you can either keep your question posted here, or I can move it to the Desktop area if you prefer.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    I haven't used Gnome in quite sometime, so I can't really give any advice on your question.
    Just letting you know that you can either keep your question posted here, or I can move it to the Desktop area if you prefer.
    Thanks for the welcome Jay....Judging by the responses so far , perhaps I might have better luck if you move it to Desktop forum?