Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm running F19 x86_64 on my HP Pavilion g6 with amd64 and i'd say everything's great except that many times the system freezes at boot, unpredictably, while on 'reached ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation F19 freezes whenever it wants to at 'reached target network'

Hi,

I'm running F19 x86_64 on my HP Pavilion g6 with amd64 and i'd say everything's great except that many times the system freezes at boot, unpredictably, while on 'reached target Network'... It does that like once or twice or thrice in a row than does not do it the next two times, it really isn't that predictable even, in fact.

Running systemctl --failed gets me 'rngd.service loaded failed failed' but i don't know if that is related.

While getting the system back on (not the last time but the one before), i noticed the cursor was very slow, behaving steadily but awfully slow though. That never happened since the original install. Now that i am typing everything is behaving normally so to speak.

Having looked at /var/log/boot.log and /var/log/messages and i don't find anything of interest but i can't be mistaken since i'm no guru...

I have the kmod version of the catalyst driver installed for my hd radeon x7000 series and it seems to work pretty good, so i pray the issues discussed above won't be related to it....

well, any ideas as to what could be the cause of such behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your help

Just Joined!
    Download rescue disk.
    423px-CommunityPoster.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images