Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install CentOS. I made a bootable usb stick with the OS installation. When I boot from the usb, the first screen that pops up is gurb ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cant install CentOS 6.4 Stuck at grub command prompt.

I am trying to install CentOS. I made a bootable usb stick with the OS installation. When I boot from the usb, the first screen that pops up is gurb command prompt. What I think that has to be done is actually install grub. And I think I'm having trouble directing to the right location for installation (I really don't know though). Ive sat here about a hour plus and can't find how to get pasted this.

I'm sure this is simple linux but this noob needs help!

(i have had the same linux on the same machine. Even using the same download)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Linux Guru
    I made a bootable usb stick with the OS installation
    How? There are numerous methods which one can use to do this, which method did you use? Do you have the usb set to first boot priority in the BIOS?
    What operating system do you have on the computer? Is it a Linux system with the Grub bootloader? If you have the usb set to first boot priority in the BIOS and that's all you get, something went wrong in creating the bootable flash drive. Most flash drive installations are Live CDs and use the isolinux/syslinux bootloader, not Grub. You'll have to provide more details on the steps you actually took to get to the point you are at now.