Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, i have a windows machine on which i run WDS 2008 and also PXELINUX which i use as a boot loader with vesamenu.c32, from the root menu i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy PXE booting Redhat 6.4 workstation.

Hi All,

i have a windows machine on which i run WDS 2008 and also PXELINUX which i use as a boot loader with vesamenu.c32, from the root menu i can either continue to the WDS installs or make entries that point to the Kick Start server by specifying the proper parameters.
    everything works great.
    until i was requested to boot Linux RedHat workstation into the main splash screen, the screen that give you 3 options to boot, for some reason i can`t seem to get it work, while working with PXELINUX i know the code within the Default file are directly pointing to VMLINUZ/memdisk and to the proper KERNEL and these come after the requested splash screen which i am referring to.
    my questions:
    - is there something i missing to accomplish that?
    - is it possible to achieve this by using different boot loader or manipulation through PXE install?
    when i created local USB disk there is no problem, i am booting right away to the boot splash screen, this is the outcome i want within the PXELINUX boot menu.

hope you can help me,

itzik

Just Joined!
    It will be better if you provide us the content of /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default . Mention proper TIMEOUT which allows us too choose booting options. and another i.e PROMPT etc.