Results 1 to 2 of 2
Hullo everybody, I have a Sun workstation running Fedora Core 6 64 (installed in 2007). My questions are: 1) Is it possible to update to one of the latest Fedora ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 12-16-2013 #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2013
Update of old Fedora
I have a Sun workstation running Fedora Core 6 64 (installed in 2007). My questions are:
1) Is it possible to update to one of the latest Fedora versions?
2) This may cause some compatibility issue with software on the machine (for example the Intel fortran compiler)?
3) which would be best way to accomplish the update?
- 12-16-2013 #2
Hi and welcome
1) Not from a running system
2) Yes, each major version of a linux distribution has new software versions, new features, new config, etc
3) Build a parallel machine with a recent distribution, install the software you need (in the recent versions), try to import the configs, adapt the configs where neccessary, and lastly import the dataYou must always face the curtain with a bow.