Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, everybody! I'm installing Drupal 7 on my local computer and just noticed that drupal7 package is available from Fedora repository. Is this package designed as a generic set of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question What drupal7 package provides? (Fedora 19)

Hello, everybody!

I'm installing Drupal 7 on my local computer and just noticed that drupal7 package is available from Fedora repository. Is this package designed as a generic set of modules and themes available for several independent Drupal installations on a server side? Can I find this module useful as a single Drupal user or this module designed primarily for hosting providers with many users?

List of files that drupal7 package provides attached as a text file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would go with the package from Drupal site and also download and install drush. Drush is a command line tool for working with Drupal and its great can do everything from installing drupal to flushing caches, listing modules and on and on. My last job we used git and combined with drush could script a lot of the common tasks for the development process.

Linux Newbie
    Thanks a lot, just now I'm reading "The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7" book about Drush, Git, modules, etc. Just interested how these files from drupal7 package could help. It seems that it provides just a set of clean core modules for Drupal 7 that could be copied into custom Drupal instances. Maybe it's useful to a hosting provider who gives an ability to "Install Drupal CMS" for its customers, e.g. from hosting control panel. Then files are just copied from /usr/share/drupal7 to customer's site, I guess.

Thanks for reply

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close