Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm facing an issue with mouse press in a RedHat 6.3 with gnome 2.28.2. I am using a multi-touch display with custom firmware that generate mouse events for interaction. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mouse press issue

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with mouse press in a RedHat 6.3 with gnome 2.28.2.

I am using a multi-touch display with custom firmware that generate mouse events for interaction.
    With this custom firmware it is possible generate two or more mouse press events without any release.

In that cases RedHat only gets first press event. It seems subsecuent press events are not propagated.

I can reproduce issue plugging two mouses. When I am dragging with one of them, system does not get press events with the same mouse button from the second mouse (there is no problem with mouse movement or other mouse button press).

Is there any way for enable multiple press with no release events?

Linux Guru
    Have you looked into the set of programs called xautomation? It may help.

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your reply.

I am looking xautomation and it seems that this tool can generate mouse and keyboard events.
    Our custom driver are generating this mouse events, problem is that when a press event is fired, RedHat (or gnome) don't get any other press event with same mouse button until driver fires a release event.

Regards

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    It'sfrequently used for remapping events, keybindings and regions etc. For example: [Howto] Remapping buttons with xbindkeys and xte | /home/liquidat - Open Source, Linux and Business

Just Joined!
    Thank you again,

When I start xev and press first mouse left click I can see the mouse button press event trace, but pressing second mouse left click without a prevous release in first mouse I can see nothing in xev trace window.

So, I think that I cannot remap an event that is not getting to the system mouse listener. I think issue should be generated by some mouse generic driver property. But searching xorg input device options I cannot find any suitable option.

Regards