Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been using flavours of Ubuntu (Unity, XFCE). I thought of changing to a new distro and I got a Fedora Complete Installation Disk from a mag. To get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem installing Fedora 20

I have been using flavours of Ubuntu (Unity, XFCE). I thought of changing to a new distro and I got a Fedora Complete Installation Disk from a mag. To get used to it, I first installed it as a guest in Windows 8. I liked it and thought of proceeding with installing alongside windows 8.

I have four partitions in windows 8 (including recovery). Two are primary and two are logical. I had 20 GB unallocated space at the end of the disk. I copied the disk to USB using Linux Live USB creator. I have problems in partitioning.

The problem is when I try to allocate space, it just shows an exclamation mark and says unable to save configuration. Please get guys. Thank you.

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk

Linux Guru
    Boot up the Fedora medium and then open a terminal and type in the following command to get partition information to post: fdisk -l(Lower Case Letter L in the command)

Out of curiosity, if you already had an installation disk why put it on a flash drive?
    Do you have Secure Boot? is it disabled?

Just Joined!

Details

Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    Boot up the Fedora medium and then open a terminal and type in the following command to get partition information to post: fdisk -l(Lower Case Letter L in the command)

Out of curiosity, if you already had an installation disk why put it on a flash drive?
    Do you have Secure Boot? is it disabled?
    Sorry for the late reply Guys. The DVD was actually owned by a friend of mine and I made an iso when I got it from him. I am using this to create the USB bootable medium.

fdisk -l output:
    device boot id sys
    /dev/sda1 * 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
    /dev/sda2 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
    /dev/sda3 f W95 ext'd(LBA)
    /dev/sda5 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
    /dev/sda6 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Also, there was a warning below /sda3 stating that it was starting of physical area.