Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, Iam trying to install rhel5.2 32-bit os through pxe menu, when ever iam installing on physical desktop(ThinkCentre Edge72) iam getting an error message like 061111_1113_enablingvmx14.png . But am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to Kickstart RHEL5u2 on server "Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge72"

Hi All,

Iam trying to install rhel5.2 32-bit os through pxe menu, when ever iam installing on physical desktop(ThinkCentre Edge72) iam getting an error message like 061111_1113_enablingvmx14.png. But am able to kickstart on all virtual machines without any issues, found it is because of network drivers issue.

more information:
    lspci output from samemodel hardware with rhel6u3 os.
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)

# find /sys | grep drivers.*02:00
    /sys/bus/pci/drivers/r8169/0000:02:00.0

from the above out put we can see server is using r8169 driver.

Investigation:

when i Extract rhel5.2 pxeboot initrd image, i can see the module "r8169.ko" under modules.cgz.

Kindly suggest.

Just Joined!
    Doesn't the model in your server/desktop say 8168b??

I did a little Google search and it appears models 8169 & 8168b use different drivers.

I looked for about 2 seconds... So I could be wrong.

I'm too new a member to post a URL... But if you like I can PM you a good URL to how to add RAID/Network drivers to a RHEL kickstart.

Else, you can google it.. I googled "how to add network driver to kickstart" and the better written one was Option #2.